The First Baptist Church of Alto is a local body of believers in Jesus Christ who have been saved from sin’s penalty by the grace of God. The church is made up of redeemed sinners, and we are such a people, with a desire to give glory to God. The very purpose for our being is to glorify God by making and maturing disciples. It is our desire to know our Savior more each day and serve Him faithfully.
This church exists because of God’s grace to deliver the repentant sinner from wrath and grant eternal life. God’s gift of salvation is so undeserved, so marvelous; beyond description, it is truly “so great salvation”! Our simple message is one of hope and life through Jesus Christ, who alone can forgive sin and pardon iniquity. Do you know Christ as your Savior? Do you know that your sins are forgiven?
Our church has a precious history that dates back to 1854. Since its inception this local body has sought to provide a testimony of God’s saving grace. The faithfulness of past saints is an encouragement for us to hold true to the “faith which was once delivered to the saints”. Therefore, we unashamedly hold to the Bible as the Word of God and Jesus Christ as man’s only hope of salvation.
Are your sins forgiven? Do you enjoy a personal relationship with Jesus Christ? Do you know that you will spend eternity in Heaven?
Our mutual understanding in this place:
- Enjoyment is to center our relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Enablement is by the Holy Spirit as we walk with God and pray.
- Enthusiasm for God and His Word influences others.
- Evangelism is non-optional; we cannot fail to extend the gift of God to others.
- Effectiveness is enhanced when we walk with God personally and exercise ourselves faithfully in this local Church.